· Senior Staff Nurse – NHS
· Manager, secure unit for people with learning disabilities and mental health needs – NHS
· Registered Home Manager, Voyage (including commissioning a new home)
· Development Manager, Voyage, involving the assessment of referrals and filling of vacancies.
· Operations Manager, Voyage, responsible for up to fourteen registered homes and over 400 staff.
· Operations Manager, Active Care Partnerships (part of Southern Cross Healthcare) in which she was responsible for residential homes and a domiciliary care service for people with learning disabilities.
· Interim Service Manager, Care UK, responsible for turning around a domiciliary care service for people with learning disabilities.
“I feel passionately about how support should be provided for people and that they should be empowered and encouraged to make as many decisions and choices as they want to.”
Felicity has two springer spaniels, who provide her with the perfect stress therapy. She really enjoys being outside, and has discovered the delights of growing her own vegetables, as well as spending time with the wind in her hair on her motorbike. Lastly Felicity's love of France means she is often in the kitchen rustling up french style meals for small coach parties of friends and family.
Steve Ball has a social work degree and a management degree. He has over 20 years' experience in the public sector, including 11 years in social work with children, and the commissioning of services for people with learning disabilities and children, and 10 years' experience in the private sector, managing operational services and leading the development of new services, including the posts of Regional Director with Voyage, Director of Learning Disability Services with Care UK, and Director of Supported Living Projects with Craegmoor.
He has two children both of whom have grown up and left home, so he has replaced them with boats, of various sizes and shapes, motorbikes, and chickens! When he is not working there is never enough time to do all the things he wants to do, from playing the trombone with Taunton Wednesday Orchestra and the Tone Big Band, and rugby to running a half marathon, as well as relaxing on his boat, or doing DIY, (this is last on the list!).
|Somewhere to Live|
|Getting it Right|